Over a century of Scouting excellence


Interested in joining Troop 1? Boy Scouts is for all boys ages 11-17 (Grades 5-12). Feel free to drop by and watch a troop meeting. We meet on Monday nights at 7:00 at First Presbyterian Church in downtown Tulsa.

For more information on joining Troop 1 please click HERE or send an email to our recruitment chair at want2join@troop1tulsa.com

If you wish to have an announcement placed on the Website/EBlast or you need to send a troop wide E-mail, please contact the webmaster at webmaster@troop1tulsa.com

Camp Loughridge Campout

Posted by admin on Sep 9 2014 - 12:13am

The September campout (9/19 - 9/21) will be tent Camping at Loughridge. Facilities within walking distance. Meals by Patrol Method. Merit Badge and Service Hour Opportunities TBA. 

Mulberry River Campout

Posted by admin on Apr 25 2014 - 1:42am

The May float trip is the weekend of May 17th.  Al Helwig is an expert canoe instructor and was the ranger on the Mulberry river for over 30 years.  He has agreed to float with us and teach the older  boys how to canoe or kayak.  The younger boys can ride in rafts with a couple of adults.

Everyone who wants to get on the water will need to have a current swim test. (May 5th at Paul Eagleton's House) The troop will cover the cost of camping, but any person that wants to go on the canoe trip will need to pay $50 by the COH on 4/28.
When signing up please list whether you want a canoe, kayake or raft. If you want a Canoe or Raft, we need to know who will be in the boat with them.  A Canoe can hold 2 or 3.  A Raft can hold 4 to 6.  A Kayak holds 1.

The younger less experienced scouts should be in a raft with an adult.

Summer Camp 2014

Posted by admin on Apr 25 2014 - 1:41am

Summer Camp Signup Ends May 1st!!!

First year Scout get 50$ off price (Thanks to Indian Nations Council!)

Please register online. In the note field please list:

  • Name of the Scout (Please sign up siblings separately)
  • Date of birth
  • Rank
  • Number of years attended Hale Scout Camp
  • 4 (four) merit badge classes the Scout wishes to take. ClickHERE for list. The Eagle required Merit Badges have a silver border. Soaring to Eagle counts as 2 merit badge class
  • If the Scout is a member of an Indian Tribe. (this helps determine the size of donation Tribes give to Indian Nations Council)
  • Please either pay online or give cash or check to the troop treasurer. (If you pay online, there is a 3% additional fee. The website DOES NOT automatically mark that you have paid when you pay online.
  • If you are a Scouter that is attending, please email Mr Stapleton at t.s.looney@gmail.com and let him know what days you can attend.

An up-to-date Medical Form will need to be on file with Troop 1. Scouts that have not taken a swim test already, may take one at Camp Hale.

Click HERE for more information or to register.

Mayes County Deer Ranch Campout

Posted by admin on Mar 28 2014 - 5:16pm

The April Campout will be at the Mayes County Deer Ranch
Campout organizers: Walt Haskins and Nan Dickerson.

Flag Ceremony begins Saturday at 8:00 am


  • Shotgun Merit Badge qualification rounds
  • Annual Troop Shotgun Tournament
  • Fishing
  • Tenderfoot to First Class Scoutcraft activities
  • Geocaching & Scavenger Hike
  • More, TBA

5th Sunday Ushering

Posted by admin on Mar 28 2014 - 1:42am

March 30th is the next Fifth Sunday Troop 1 ushering event at First Presbyterian Church. The Fifth Sunday program is an excellent way for Scouts to accumulate service hours and to show our appreciation to the Church.  Please note that the service now starts at 11:00 A.M.! If you plan to take advantage of this opportunity, please sign up on the Troop1 website. It is very important to reply as soon as possible so we may alert the Church if we need assistance or have to cancel due to low attendance.

Participating Scouts will receive 2 service hours if the following requirements are met:

Medical Forms

Posted by admin on Mar 28 2014 - 1:41am

The BSA has redone the Medical forms for Scouting activities. The new forms are available on the troop website (HERE)

Parts A and B of the Medical form are needed for all Scouting activities, and part C is needed for all activities lasting more than 72 hours (Summer Camp, High-Adventure, etc) Each high adventure base has a seperate form listing the activities at that camp to help advise the Doctor in evaluating a scout for high adventure.

For more information click HERE

Site Counter